How to Use Search Tool for Important Firmware Update on Hik-ProConnect APP
- Applicable to Hik-ProConnect 8.4 and above
- Open Me->Tools->Search for Important Firmware Update
- Currently, the Hik-ProConnect APP supports two methods search for the device affected by security vulnerabilities.
2.1 Scan QR codes / barcodes on device and labels
2.1.1 Scan QR codes / barcodes on device
2.1.2 Scan QR codes / barcodes on labels
2.1.3 Scan QR codes / barcodes on packing box
2.2 Enter device serial No. manually to search for the device affected by security vulnerabilities.
- If there is firmware to be upgraded, the device model and security firmware version will be prompted.
- Share the download link to your PC or other, and then upgrade the device.
You can upgrade the device firmware through the 4200 tool or on the device’s local web page.
The link after sharing is as follows.
If the firmware of the device is secure and does not need to be upgraded, you will be prompted as follows.